Sunday 6 October 2013

Plein Air !!

Well just been thinking of having a try at plein air painting !!! so after around a month or so it was time to give it ago,

Up early at around 04.00 am got my gear ready and in the car down to the canal , this was when it hit home, do i really want to do this or shall i just go home and forget about it. At the place i was going to try out i was really not sure and shaking , i really wanted to go home as i knew people would see me and i was not two keen on that .

Anyway, got set up and started at 06. 25 am and after about an hour or so i was really getting into it without a care in the world.  Got a bit carried away with myself and painted right up until 07.15 pm and i had a great time doing it.

My setup i was using was an old paint box where the lid was the easle part of it just like this one


 
 
really not ideal but i got by. On my way home i was thinking i need a pochade box so thoughts starded entering my head on ways to convert my box to what i needed but more about this next time.
 
Anyway at the end of a great day painting my first plein air panting this was the finished painting and for once i am quite pleased with it and i will be painting plein air again.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding??? this is plein air???? Its wonderful!! It has everything, good comp, good color and also mystery!!!! Very very good work. You must have painted for a long time in your studio, and have studied well both drawing and color.
    and also have a natural great talent, and want to do the work. Keep your blog going, they are so fun to have and people do enjoy your experiances. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ida. Yeah plein air !! I sat there for 12 hours and found that i could not stop, i did take refreshments with me but did not intend to stay quite so long.
    I have always painted in the studio and this one was a first timer for me but not the last, but, will try not to take as long next time .

    ReplyDelete