Wednesday 9 October 2013

My 1st Painting of Lock 39e

                                                             Just thought i would post this.

                                                                          Lock 39e

 
I remembered that some time ago i painted Lock 39e ( the one above ) from photo in the studio. Looking at this painting prompted me to go in search of the real lock 39e once more and paint it there and then, even painting from a photo i still changed things a bit .
 
 
 

 
This is the one i did plein air, looks a totally different scene, i think because when painting plein air you tend to use slightly different colours maybe , i don't know.
 
 
Well here where i live in Yorkshire the winter is starting to draw in with much cooler weather, I am a cold arse and just hate winter months. This leads me to think about painting plein air which you might have guessed has gripped me quite a bit , typical with the weather turning cold. I know there are many painters out there which would still enjoy outside painting in the cold but not me , so what to do about it this winter.
 
This got me thinking last night while on the net and i stumbled upon a blog that had a link to a blog about using Google street maps as a sort of virtual plein air painting reference, i thought this was a good idea and something i had not thought of, would this be sort of cheating ? but it would keep me warm.
 
Does anyone else use street maps as a reference to virtually painting plein air , the only problem for me anyway is that street maps don't go down canals which is what i enjoy painting the most but this will make me paint other subjects and may well open a new avenue .
 
Food for thought, well for me anyways.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment