Wednesday 9 October 2013

Plein Air 2

Just had to get out again and paint !!!!!!!!!!!!


Now for those that know me you will know that painting outside where people can see me is a really big no no, but you know , we can all change. Even me !!!

Well went out again the other day and yes i forget my camera and even my phone, went again down the canal as i love to paint canals.

I made a promise to myself i would limit the time to 2 hours and not 12 hours like before so i had to get some speed into my painting which i thought would be interesting to say the least.

Using my newly converted pochade box i found it much easier than the last time , talking of time , i said i would not spend more than 2 hours.............well that 2 hours turned into 4 hours lol but still had a great time but still not liking people watching me, somthing i hope goes away.

Well after the 4 hours below is the end result




I tried really hard not to paint two tight as i normaly do but to try and give it some slack .

The painting is of Lock 39e with Marsden Church visible, the house should be more straight but found it hard to get the right angel so left it as is and went for it.
painted in acrylic on canvas board 10x14

No comments:

Post a Comment