Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hi again

Remember in my last post i told you about my art box that i converted into a pochade box well here it is .

This is how it started out , just an art box with like an easel on the lid. It was OK and works quite well but it was more of a table top easel than anything else so i went about making it into a pochade box of some sort and as it turned out it worked quite well .

What i did was to take the easel part of the inside of the lid then then removed the lid hinge and refit the hinge so the lid opened the other way , also the lid clasp fasteners and carry strap and this is what i ended up with .

 



As you can see it was quite an easy conversion to do but wow what a difference it makes when out painting plein air which after ,,,,,,,,,,,,well a long time painting in the studio make life much more simple. Oh , also on top of the tubes of paint my palette will fit nicely and befor i forget 2 thin strips of wood stuck to the top & bottom of the lid so my panels will stay in place and not fall onto my palette.

Next job with my pochade box is to find and fix some sort of fastener so i can then use it with my photo tripod and make life even easier,but for now i have to rest it on my knees when out painting, not ideal but works for now..

Well hope you like my little conversion as i can tell you it makes such a big difference with plein air, oh, and also once i sort something out with the tripod fixing i will post a photo of my full plein air painting outfit ,,,,,,,,,,,,when i have it all .

More on this fantastic subject soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment